Friends, readers, it’s been quite a while since my last post on homemade vanilla marshmallows! I’ve got to tell you, since then, I’ve seen so many wonderful marshmallow ideas, from layered neapolitan, to espresso, to mint! Not only that, but I’ve been accumulating recipe ideas to share with you all. But until then, I think I should provide an explanation for why I’ve haven’t been posting…
I’ve been studying for a “fake” O-Chem test, driving up to LA to visit my friends for the labor day weekend, and then driving back up to the Bay with my boyfriend to visit college friends and take care of some last few odds and ends. But guess what I’ve tasted since then!?
- Burgers at Eureka!,
– A seasoned beef plate at a very fast and convenient Zankou Chicken (tabouleh is my ultimate favorite! And why don’t we have these where I live?!)
– Hibiscus Mojito and Prickly Pear Caipirinha at Zengo,
– The most delicious grilled cheese and tomato bisque at Yardhouse (I HAVE to learn how to make this soup!)
– Steak and blue cheese salad at Firehouse Grill,
– Scrumptious (and free!) chocolate tastings at TCHO Chocolate Factory.
– Korean BBQ sandwich, basil limeade and cinnamon sweet tea at Naked Lunch, YUM!
– House chips and dip along with a South Side Cocktail and a sip of tha bf’s Sazerac at Comstock Saloon (we were recommended this place, and with good reason!),
– Pies at Una Pizza Napoletana (pure, unadulterated goodness!)
– One of my favorite flavors ever (Secret Breakfast) at Humphry Slocombe ice cream
Guys, I am so excited because I was inspired to devise a recipe based on one of these things that I’ve tasted over the past week! You’ll have to wait to see how it’s created, but I guarantee it will make you smile!
Until I return home,