[Read my very first post about starting At The Patisserie!]
In the seemingly infinite world wide web, you’ve stumbled across my blog! At The Patisserie is something I started as a creative outlet to feed (haha, pun?) my passion for making desserts, learning about cooking techniques, and other food adventures… But most of all I want to bring people together via these treats I can share with them.
Yep! I’m one of those! I strongly believe in the power of a cookie (or any other sugary treat!) to create a special bond between two or more unlikely friends! You’ll see that most of the time, my posts will talk about why I made a dessert– to celebrate, to give as a gift, to entertain… any number of reasons! I know it probably sounds overly-lofty, but with my baking, I want to show love and care to those around me. Don’t tell me you don’t love it when your neighbor hands you a loaf of banana bread!
Alright, I guess we can move on to the specifics now!
- My name is Ann
- I’m relatively new to the world of cooking and baking! Although I’m pretty much a novice, everything I read I just drink in! I’m really enjoying what I find, and I’m excited to share what I learn in my posts. :)
- Recently graduated from the best university in the galaxy. Hint: located in Bay Area. *cough* GO BEARS!!!!
- If you couldn’t tell, I am a pretty enthusiastic person
- Currently live in SoCal, but as they say, I left my heart in San Francisco
- I despise mayonnaise with a fire burning passion
- Hoping to serve as a doctor one day, God willing. My app process starts in May!
- My favorite books are mostly about utter ruination, and then complete redemption. See: Shannon’s Way by A.J. Cronin, Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, and the New Testament
- I stand at 5’6”
- I am pretty goal-driven, but mostly I’d say I’m relationally-driven
- I love traveling new places, learning about the new things I see, and immersing myself in the local culture as much as possible. Sadly, I just don’t get to do it that often!
For this blog, I think that about sums it up! :)
If you have certain questions or comments you don’t want to post in the comments section, or if you otherwise want to contact me, please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org